Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 7 Independent Way, Traralgon VIC 3844. Our business registration number is ABN 17 602 582 721. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing Pty Ltd prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing maintains this website to provide information to the internet community. Such information may be subject to amendment and updating without notice.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Access to and use of this information is subject to the following terms and conditions:
The sole purpose of this website is to provide information to the reader.
Whilst the information contained within this website is believed to be accurate, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is or will be given by Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing as to the accuracy or completeness of this information or opinions contained herein.
Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This policy describes the types of personal information that we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy.
As used throughout this policy, the term “Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing” refers to Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing Pty Limited, ABN 17 602 582 721. Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and by other applicable laws which govern privacy.
1. What personal information about you does Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing collect?
The information we gather from you helps us to continually improve your experience with Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate membership) and business address; bank details and/or credit card details and your objectives and interests. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club and the products that you purchase from us. We may also collect and create details on joint members and other family members, where applicable, including family members under the age of 18.
We may also collect the following information:
The term “sensitive information” in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices or criminal record, or your health information, genetic information that is otherwise not health information, or biometric information or templates. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise.
Personal Information from Children
Other than information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about our under 18 members such as their membership number and usage of the club and the products that are purchased on behalf of under 18 members, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Photographs for Membership Card
Contacting us via Website or otherwise
When you use the www.myembrace.com.au website (Our Site) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We use CCTV in our clubs for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our clubs please contact us.
We also ask you to complete surveys that we use for feedback and research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Online portals and profile
We may also collect and use the personal information you provide while using our online portals and any profile that you create while using our services including health, training and nutritional information.
2. Why do we collect personal information from you and how do we use personal information?
The main types of personal information Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing collects and the main purposes for which personal information is collected, used, held and disclosed are set out below:
- We use personal information to provide the services you request from Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing such as to facilitate administration of your membership of the club, to manage our relationship with you, to communicate with you and assist you with queries and to facilitate bookings of classes and appointments with our own or third party service providers and other transactions.
- We also use personal information in order to provide and improve our services and operate our facilities (including as described above), or otherwise as required or authorised by law. For example, when an individual sends Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing a query, we will use the individual’s personal information for the purposes for which the individual provided it.
- We may also use the information to: advertise products and services, to carry out market data analysis so that we can continue to deliver enhanced services and facilities, to process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders, to comply with the law, and to administer and maintain membership records. In addition, we use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. As part of conducting our business, personal information may also be used to maintain and develop our business systems, including testing and upgrading them.
- We use health information provided by you so that we can assess your general health, wellbeing and your readiness for physical exercise. If we need to collect sensitive information (such as health information), we will not collect that information unless we have first obtained your consent.
- We may also invite you to set up a profile with our preferred personalized wellness tracking system provider. This profile will only be set up with your consent.
3. In what circumstances may Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing disclose personal information?
Our personnel (including our employees and contractors):
Our personnel have access to personal information to the extent that they need to access your personal information in connection with their duties and your membership.
Third party service providers:
Sometimes we send offers to club users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address or any of your health information or other sensitive information. Please tick the opt-out box in your terms and conditions, or let us know in writing, if you don’t want to receive any of the following offers:
- marketing communications from Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing;
- marketing communications from our partners.
Personalised wellness tracking system:
Protection of Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing and others:
With your consent, other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
4. What about cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
5. How secure is information about me?
Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing endeavours to take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
6. What about links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
7. What choices do I have?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to the Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing Privacy Officer, whose details are set out in section 10 below.
8. How can I access or correct my personal information or make a complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information (including if you think we have breached the Privacy Act), you may do so by contacting us using the details set out in section 10 below. If you make a complaint, please include contact details such as your name, address, telephone number and email address and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period and will endeavour to resolve the issue in an efficient manner. If we are unable to resolve your complaint and you believe that we have breached the Privacy Act, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
9. Notices and revisions
For further information about Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing’s privacy procedures and practices, or to request access to or correction of your personal information or make a complaint, please contact the Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing Privacy Officer using the following details:
Email: [email protected]
Address: Embrace Fitness and Wellbeing, 36 Princes Dr, MORWELL VIC 3840